A good musical is hard to resist; nothing compares to the perfect balance of singing, dancing and dazzling storytelling. So when the Foundation for New American Musicals (FNAM) came to us for a website transformation, we knew we had to convey the same power, panache and possibilities that are borne of a new work of musical theatre.
FNAM is a 10-year-old nonprofit dedicated to educating the next generation of composers, librettists and lyricists for the musical stage. Its current and past students have developed work seen throughout Los Angeles, New York and the world over. This site needed to speak to a wide range of visitors: high school and college students, educators, stage and screen entertainment industry professionals and innovators, musical consumers such as showcase event audiences, and current and potential sponsors and the media.
How’d we make that happen?
By hitting the following objectives:
- Build a site that is intuitive to navigate and mobile friendly
- Drive higher ticket sales to FNAM performances and new major events
- Reflect the energy around the resurgence of the musical
- Portray the storyline between the initiatives and how they work together to form a continuing pathway for creators of new musicals
- Offer applications for contests and showcase events to new talent
- Option to purchase tickets and attend events for musical theater fans
- Persuading funding/media prospects that 1) The art form is important, and 2) FNAM is celebrating and bringing new works and creators to the forefront.
Complete with a responsive WordPress website and updated copy for the homepage, we delivered results that we’re confident will serve FNAM well – and keep the musical business booming, too!