Much like the most popular girl in high school, responsive web design is beautiful, intriguing and comfortable in almost all situations. For these reasons, it’s also had to deal with a fair amount of rumors. Some of the most common misconceptions?
- Responsive design is too expensive. Responsive design doesn’t have to be pricey, and designers are always working toward more cost-effective methods.
- It will mess with SEO. Responsive sites actually rank higher in search results due to quicker loading times and larger amount of users.
- It’s only for mobile. Responsive doesn’t discriminate. It’s not just about optimizing for an iPhone, but for all screen types.
- It will slow down loading time. If anything, responsive design will improve your load time.
- It’s all you need. Going responsive is a step in the right direction, but it’s not a reason to stop walking. It will improve the format of your site, not the content – even responsive can’t make a typo look good!
So don’t believe everything you hear. And if you’re still a little too shy, let Counterintuity introduce you to responsive web design! We’re used to hanging with the cool kids.